Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What would you yell into your well?

The Internet is filled with amazing things, like YOUNGME - NOWME, a project that is collecting photos of submitters at a young age and comparing them to pictures of them now, generally in the same pose. Check it out.

In knitting related interests, I've started three projects since I last mentioned anything. I started a ribbed sock, a scarf knit on a bias, and a twisted rib watchcap. The sock has become my traveling project, and the cap is now my watching-Pistons-basketball-on-TV project, mostly because it is on circular needles and has a simple pattern, so that when the game comes back from commercials I can just put it down. I also started to teach myself to knit English style, just for shits and giggles.

P.S. Smog shouldn't have written so much great music. "Knock Knock" is probably my favorite album of all-time, and I just got "Red Apple Falls" and "A River Ain't Too Much To Love" and am just smitten. And the only reason I bought those was because Amazon had "Sun Giant" by Fleet Foxes on sale for 3 dollars and I was damn well not going to pay as much for shipping as I would for the cd, so I aimed for the $25 free shipping mark. "Sun Giant" is better than I expected, which means that it is great.

No comments: