It's been a long time since I've updated. I've just been busy. :-) I finished the first of my socks using the Noro Kureyon sock yarn, and yesterday afternoon I finished the first of a pair of fingerless mittens using a different colorway of that same yarn.
I started these as a spring break project because as I was knitting at Fiberphilia, my LYS, my hands were cold, and I really liked how this yarn was turning out as socks and thought it would be fantastic for them. It's a really simple improvised pattern, 60 stitches cast on size 2 needles, a 2x2 rib for the cuff, the Madder Rib pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks for the top of the mitts. So today when I really should be cleaning my apartment, I'll be knitting the other one and watching a bunch of NBA basketball.