Saturday, April 19, 2008

Do what you love



Happy Record Store Day! Organized by a collection of independent record stores, today is the first ever Record Store Day. This meant in-store performances across the country, crazy deals, and freebies. The quality of the in-store performances depend on where in the country you are. Being in Maine, I wasn't expecting much, so I didn't even try to be around for the show. I did stop by this morning to collect a free 7" from Merge Records featuring Destroyer, with Wye Oak on the B Side.

DSCN0160

I picked up tickets for the Dan Deacon concert, as well as the "Matchbook Seeks Maniac" 7-inch by Deerhoof. This started a series of singles listening this afternoon, including Panda Bear and Of Montreal. I'm very very very glad I own a record player.

No comments: