Thursday, April 17, 2008

From around here

DSCN0128

I made it to my first band concert tonight since being at UMaine. It's not often that I've sat in the audience during a band concert, and I hope to keep it that way. I plan on trying out for the Symphonic Band next fall. Assuming I make it in, this will be the first really good ensemble that I've been in. The Wind Symphony at Michigan Tech was okay, but definitely has their faults. I'm not saying that the UMaine Symphonic Band doesn't, just that they are better. The only problem is that I've talked a big game, like I was positive that I would get in upon auditioning. I am not sure if I will be good enough to make it, so I definitely plan on practicing this summer. Actually, I plan on practicing tomorrow even. My clarinet hasn't been out of its case since last semester, and I know I will have time late tomorrow afternoon. I have to start again sometime, so I should definitely do it when I'm inspired.

No comments: