Sunday, April 6, 2008

There is no sorry to be sorry for

Little has been accomplished today, well not much that signifies accomplishment to the average person anyway. I restarted the Gentlemen’s sock with lozenge pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks using the Noro Kureyon sock yarn that I had leftover from my fingerless mittens. I got past the cuff this morning and I definitely think the thick stripes in this yarn will stand up better to the pattern than the hand-painted I was trying earlier.

The only other accomplishment I had today was reading the entirety of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee’s new book, Things I Learned From Knitting... Whether I Wanted To Or Not. As an avid reader of her blog, I have a feeling it was her retelling of an unfortunate (but humorous because it wasn’t me) morning that reminded me to get to the bookstore. It was a quick read, but full of the wit, humor and honesty that makes her such an endearing character (at least from a knitter’s point of view).

Of musical note, I can totally see myself becoming a Dirty Projectors fan. Great great vocals. And I rediscovered Apparat Organ Quartet and why they are my second favorite band from Iceland.

No comments: