Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am he is you are he is

I haven't listened to The Beatles in a while.

There really isn't much to update. I'm at the point where I should be doing nothing but schoolwork, but I'm not good at that. I put these things off for a reason: I don't like them. Ha. I put myself between a rock and a hard place, though. I'll be working on a paper tonight, hopefully getting all the data for my first experiment by the end of the day Friday, grading done Thursday night, finishing paper this weekend, starting another this weekend, gathering data for a second experiment next week, writing a report and keeping a lab notebook about each experiment and giving a ten minute presentation about one of them midway through finals week, plus a final group project for my physics education research class due about then. It almost sounds doable.

In procrastination news, I picked up the DVD "Heima" by Sigur Ros yesterday. If you like the band, get it. Seriously. I also finished the cuff on my first gentlemen's sock with lozenge pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.

Oh, and I am really spoiled by Fiberphilia, my local yarn shop. I stopped by yesterday, trudging through an unshoveled walkway to find out that the store was closed. Michelle was there though, and saw me, and let me in to buy yarn so that I'll be able to finish my gift socks without running out. The store actually lost money on Monday trying to keep the parking lot plowed during the snowstorm, so I completely understand her closing on Tuesday. I think that she was having so much fun with her paperwork when I showed up on Tuesday that she needed a break.

No comments: