Saturday, November 3, 2007

I will do as I am told. I will keep away the cold.

I just finished the Koolhaas hat by Jared Flood found in Interweave Knits Holiday 2007. I'm pretty excited about it. It was my first experience with cables and this is just loaded with them. I'm tempted to start a scarf that will match, but oh I hate knitting scarfs!

DSCN3560.JPG

This picture captures the color of it better.
DSCN3552.JPG

And I have this much yarn left!
DSCN3565.JPG

It turns out I did need that second skein, but I now have a lot of this left. I really loved this yarn though. Hopefully that means I'll be able to figure out another way to use it.

Two other things have been occupying my time today. I've been frogging my first two attempts at socks so I can reuse the yarn. I love the colorway that I got of this, so I want this pair to be perfect. The first one I made too big, and the second I didn't make a long enough leg. So both are going going gone. I also picked up the new Zelda game for the DS. I'm through the first temple already. It's kind of weird to be playing video games again. Hopefully it doesn't take up too much of my time!

In other news, it was my birthday yesterday, and even though I did go birthday shopping, it still didn't really feel like a birthday so much. I definitely don't feel 23.

No comments: